Cruise Packing List
There Is Ocean Between You And The Next Shop
Cruise packing list is important when packing for a cruise holiday as going on a cruise is different from land-based vacation. If you forget something, there are no shops or local supermarkets close by.
Packing List - Can Save You Money
Most cruise ship sells variety of necessities but they tend to cost considerable more than if bought elsewhere.
You might be able to get to the local shops during some shore visits but there is no guarantee that the local shops stocks what you are looking for... and if they do, it could be even more expensive then on board your cruise ship.
This is why using a packing list is so important when packing for a cruise holiday.
Your Cruise Packing List
Top Travel Tips has put together cruise holiday packing list for your guidance. At the end of this article, you can download our free packing list.
Travel Documents And Travel Money
- Travel tickets and booking confirmations
- Passport and visa (if applicable)
- Your Cruise Travel Insurance Policy
- Updated international vaccination card (if applicable)
- Travel money and Payment Cards
- Money belt or wallet
- Photocopy of all travel documents
- Copy of doctor's prescriptions (if applicable)
- List of all medicines you are taking (if applicable)
Clothes And Accessories
- Combination of casual day wear
- Sportswear and leisure wear as appropriate
- At least two smart casual or formal evening wears
- Night gowns and robe
- Underwear and socks
- Good Footwear for all occasion
- Including formal shoes and sport shoes (if applicable)
- Sun Protection Hat
- Other accessories as appropriate, i.e. jewelry, ties, etc.
Toiletries And Health
- Your preferred toiletries
- Hair dryer (if not in your cabin)
- Sunscreen lotion
- Antibacterial hand wipes
- Insect repellent (if applicable)
- Malaria tablets (if travelling in malaria infested area)
- First Aid Kit
- Prescription and OTC medicines (if applicable)
- Reading glasses / contact lenses (if applicable)
Electronics And Gadgets
- Mobile phone and charger
- Digital camera with extra memory card and spare batteries
- Camcorder with extra memory card and spare batteries
- Battery charger for your camera and / or camcorder
- Plug adaptor and converter (if different electrical standard)
- Extension cord
- Alarm clock (you could also use your mobile)
- Ipod or CD player with headphones to listen to music
- Laptop and charger
- Guidebooks, maps
- Books / magazines to read in your leisure time
- TSA Luggage Locks
- Plastic Ziploc bags
- Folding knife
- Sewing kit and scissors
- Duct tape
- Notebook and pen
- Small flashlight and / or night light
Packing cubes can help you stay organized and save you time when packing your bags. They ensure better use of the available space in your bags and allow you to fit more in.
We own number of packing cubes so our Packing Cubes Review is based on our personal experience.
Top Travel Tips cruise holiday packing list is for guidance only - it is divided into five categories and you should add and delete items as applicable for your particular cruise. For your convenience, you can download and print our cruise packing list template by clicking the download button below. Note: You will need Adobe Reader to view the packing list.
For more information about why those items are on the packing list see our Cruise Packing Tips.